Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Songs of encouragement! Scriptures of encouragement!

Ok, just thought that sometimes we could use a place that has several uplifting songs (hey, I'm a music chick!) that we could go to and listen to. Tonight as I was scanning facebook I see a post from a great girl who fights this battle so bravely and encourages everyone along the way, but tonight she just needed someone to encourage her. So I got some scriptures together and found a video on youtube that has helped me so many times. I posted them, and then I did something I rarely do... I went back and reread those scriptures and to my amazement they read like a letter of encouragement from God! Not sure why this amazed me, after all the entire Bible is the words of God put there for us to learn from, find encouragement, and to follow. But anyway, I decided that I'm going to print these scriptures in this order and place them in several places in my home, so that I can see them daily and get my reminder from God that it is going to be WORTH IT!!! So here are those scriptures that I posted to my friend.


Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,

Romans 5:3-4
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

Isn't that just amazing! When we actually take the time to stop and read what God is showing us, then wow! I know I need to be reminded to stop and pay attention to what God's trying to say. Sometimes I just need to shut up long enough to see it! We often get so busy just right out starting with our "prayer lists/requests" and our "Thank you Lord for (fill in the blank)" that we don't take the time to LISTEN! I'm glad I went back and listened tonight!

So starting today, on (if everything goes well, you all know this disease and how things change day to day) every Tuesday night I'll try and post at least one scripture of encouragement and/or one song. Tonight you get both :) So here is the song, It's Gonna Be Worth It sung by Rita Springer. Remember, IT'S GONNA BE WORTH EVERY PAIN, TRIAL, and CONFUSING ! Love and Prayers, Miranda

No comments: