Monday, October 6, 2014

It's been a while...

Life has been flying by so crazy fast that I didn't realize I'd not blogged in for so long! Since my last post we've had our son, he's adorable and the most beautiful boy I've ever seen.  He's so smart and VERY active! Thankful for his two older sisters who do a lot of the chasing!  Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, way back when!, for his safe delivery and speedy recovery for myself! My C-section went very smooth and everything was great. He had some very difficult days with his bilirubin levels but after a week we were finally home for good after a discharge and then readmitting.

As far as Dys, well it's still hanging around. But I think I've really learned how to somewhat manage the beast that is this disease.  It takes a TON of patience with my body, a TON of self control, a mostly strict routine, and plenty of regular rest. Since my getting pregnant with Liam I've taken very few meds. I feel like the fact that I will need them again is an ever present fact looming closer and closer but at the moment I'm managing with VERY cautious behavior and lots of prayer and faith.
I'm so very thankful that I was able to successfully nurse my son, meds free, until he self weaned at 11 months and one week!  The goal was to make it to that time and I'm 2 months past that at this time so I'm very thankful and very grateful!  For now I'm managing and I'll keep things the way they are unless something worsens or changes prompting the necessity of meds again.

Well that's about it for now.  I never have a lot of quiet me time to write and post a blog so forgive me for the gaps in writing in advance! But thanks for stopping by and keeping up with my goings on :) Have a great day!

No comments: