Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Grocery Trip of the Year 2011

Ok, I made my first Publix trip of this year. Wasn't expecting much since a vast majority of coupons expired on the 31st of December, I don't have my printer up and running yet, and without printables there just weren't many sales that were compatible for my family. Yet I did manage to do pretty good on what I bought.

First I know that you're probably looking at my photo of food bought and saying WHAT!?! at the amount of croutons I bought, but I can assure you they won't go to waste. My kids like a handful or so as a small snack, so when I find them on sale I buy as many as possible. Also, my kids and husband are Peanut Butter fanatics, and that peanut butter might last a month if I'm lucky... seriously!  So here' the breakdown of what I got today.  The (D) means that the coupon was doubled by the store.
10- New York Texas Toast Croutons - sale .99 : coupon .50/1 (D) : Final Price: FREE!
01- Crest Baking Soda/Peroxide Toothpaste - Sale 1.50 : coupon $1/1 : Final price .50
03- Ore Ida Hash Browns *3 dif kinds* - Not on sale 3.25 : Coupons $2/1 Target and $1/1 Manuf. : Final price .25 for two of them and 1.25 for one bag (only had 2 manuf. coupons) TOTAL: 1.75 for 3 bags
03- Bags Banguet Chicken (fingers, popcorn, strips) - Sale: 2.75 : Coupons None : Final : 2.75 each.
04- Birds Eye Voila' Frozen Meal - Sale 1.97 : coupon .50/2 (D) : Final 1.47 each
06- Birds Eye Frozen Vegetables (corn and green beans) - Sale .89 - Coupon .50/2 (D) - Final .39 each
08- Peter Pan Peanut Butter - Sale 1.25 : Coupon .50/1 (D) : Final .25

Price before sales and coupons : $88.36
Price after sales and coupons : $23.75!
Sales savings was $32.61
Store Coupons $17.50
Vendor Coupons $14.50
TOTAL savings of 64.61!!!

the 3 bags of Banquet Chicken Tenders, popcorn chicken, and nuggets were already put up so they aren't pictured.

4 comments:

maganwelch said...

I don't blame you on the PB I would have bought it up also.

erinj0 said...

Have you seen extreme couponing on TLC!?pr

Miranda said...

Hi erinj0! I didn't see the program, but saw excerpts from it on youtube and the Krazy Coupon Ladies blog. I would have like to see it in it's entirety but that just didn't happen. Did you happen to see it?
What did you think of it?
Do you coupon and stock pile?

erinj0 said...

I did watch it, I was in utter shock how much money they save - but could honestly never imagine going to those extremes!
I actually rarely do coupons because it is SO hard to find them for all natural/organic food!
Do you have any tips that you could pass my way?!?