Thursday, September 17, 2009

Meet Me!

I got this idea from Christina when she started her blog, (thanks girl). I have been pondering the idea of starting a blog that people can read and learn more about the struggles that people with Dysautonomia face every day. I know that my blog can not compare to those like Tyler's of www.12morepages.com, yet I'm going to give it my best effort. I hope that in reading these blogs that awareness for Dysautonomia and the struggles that people face with it every day of their life.
I suppose I can officially introduce myself. My name is Miranda and I am, as of now, 28 years old. I've been married for almost 8 years and my husband, Eric, is my greatest supporter. We have two of the most beautiful little girls in all of the world. Our oldest is Serena and she's 5 1/2 now. Our youngest is Aleah and she'll be 2 in a week. Everyday I look at them in amazement and wonder where the time has went. When I'm able to do the things I love, those things would be fishing, singing, very amateur photography *smile*, and grilling or cooking a great meal for my family to enjoy together. When I'm not able to do those things I spend a LOT of time on the internet. I enjoy computer games and facebooking. And when I'm able to focus and concentrate I love manipulating and editing pictures that I've taken. Occasionally I play my guitar and even more rare these days I will attempt to write a poem or a new song.
Sadly I've pretty much managed to sum up what I do in a very short paragraph! And since this is my first blog I really have no idea where to go with it next! *smile* So having said that I'm going to start with a short introduction to Dysautonomia, and hopefully over the course of this blog, whoever you are that is reading this will gain an understanding of this disease. My friends and family have all told me that until I was diagnosed they had never heard of this. In fact until I was diagnosed, I'd never heard of it. It has been about 6 years of dealing with an issue that I didn't know I had until it progressed and I was forced to have to see a doctor. You see I'm one of those people that would rather stay home sick and suffer through it rather than see a doctor. I think I have only seen a doctor 2 times in the last 6 years that wasn't related to pregnancy. Once was a urinary tract infection that I ignored until I was about a day from being admitted to the hospital according to my doctor. By that point I could barely walk due to the pain and she said it was almost a bladder infection it had gotten so bad. But in the last 3 months I've seen more doctors and had more tests than I've had with both pregnancies and everything else in the last 8 years! And unfortunately, the only answer I was given led to more and more questions! And this is where I'm going to begin my next blog. The beginnings of this journey of dysautonomia that has taken my choice from my life.
Until next time, have a great day and enjoy your life! You never know when the choice to do the things you love will be limited or taken away!

No comments: